Autobooks has created a simplified invoice builder for its users accessing Autobooks through a mobile device.
When you click on our Invoicing tool, you will see the Simplified Invoice Builder instead of our traditional invoice builder. See below:
- Click on the Send an Invoice module.
- The Simplified Invoice Builder will display (if you do not want to send an invoice, click the “x” at the top and will see the list of invoices sent).
- You can search for an existing customer either by name or by email address. As you begin to type into the ‘Customer email’ field, a dynamic list of possible matches will display. Select a suggested match OR type in a new customer’s email address. This step combines searching for an existing customer AND creation of a new customer into one action.
- You will either:
- Click on an existing customer from within the suggestion list displayed OR
- Click on the new email address that is displayed once input of the address is complete.
- Next, input the dollar amount you wish to bill the customer. You also have the option to input a custom message within the invoice.
- Click Send Invoice when ready to send the invoice to your customer.
You will be returned to your invoice list view once complete.
NOTE: at any point in the Simplified Invoice process, you may opt to go to the Advanced Invoice Builder (Which is the traditional Invoicing method with itemized billing with Products and Services).
Some Important Details
If you are used to our Traditional Invoicing here are a few details to remember when using the Simple Invoice Builder:
The Simplified Invoice Builder does not gather the same amount of data as our Advanced Builder, so here’s what happens in lieu of that:
Invoice Due date: we will assume a due date of next day (this is the same as the default due date in the Advanced Builder).
Customer name: the Simplified process doesn’t gather a new customer’s full name (just their email address). Once an invoice is sent, the Customer tab will show the new customer with their first name as their email address and the Last Name field will be empty. If you want to correct this customer record, they may edit it in the Customer list.
Discounts and Itemized Options are not in the Simple Invoice Builder. You want to go to the Advanced Invoice Builder (Traditional/Non mobile version) for those options.