The invoices you send to customers and clients from Autobooks can be customized with specific contact information, banner color, company logo, and more!
To access the page to make these changes, first select Invoicing from the side menu, then choose the Invoice Settings tab.
Upload a logo
Select the [Upload logo] button to add your company's logo to the top of your invoices.
After selecting the file, the Edit logo page will allow you to adjust the size of the logo to fit.
The Choose a header color section of the page will allow you to choose a color for the banner across the top of the invoice.
You can enter in a specific six-digit hex value, choose from one of the default colors, or click and drag within the color window to choose the desired shade.
Selecting either Show as invoice or Show as estimate will display the settings page
The contact information displayed at the top of the invoice can be changed by clicking the pencil icon to the right of that window.
Make sure to hit Save company contact information to apply the changes.
If you would like to include any additional messaging or information, a footer can be included just below the Thank you! message. Selecting the pencil icon to the right of the window will allow you to add a message of up to 150 characters to display at the bottom of every invoice.
By default, the address on file for the business will be displayed at the very bottom of the invoice. This address can be hidden completely or changed to suit your needs.
Selecting the eyeball icon to the right of the address will hide this field from displaying on the invoice.
To change this address, select the pencil icon to the right of the address and update the fields as needed, then select Save company address.
Edit invoice reminders
This section includes options to Send reminders, Send past due reminders, Enable late fees, and Enable sales tax. To access these options, select the Edit reminders / fees button with the gear icon, which can be found on the right side of the page.
- Send reminders: When turned on, the system will send a reminder email to the customer the day before an unpaid invoice is due.
- Send past due reminders: When turned on, the system will send reminder emails to the customer when the unpaid invoice is past the due date by 3 days, 7 days, and 14 days.
Note: both of these settings are turned on by default.
These are one-time fees that are sent as separate invoices. The late fee invoice will reference the original past due invoice so both you and your customer have this for record-keeping purposes.
Once toggled on, the following options are available to customize late fees:
- Enable grace period - The number of days after an invoice's due date that a customer can pay before it is considered late.
- Enable % of invoice fee - This will charge the late fee as a percentage of the amount owed on the original past due invoice.
- % of invoice: The percentage of the original invoice that will be charged as a late fee.
- Minimum late fee - This option will set a minimum amount to be charged. The late fee will be at least this amount unless the percentage exceeds this value.
- For example: a customer is past due for a $100 invoice. You have set a 3% fee with a $5.00 minimum. Since the percentage would only generate a $3.00 charge, the $5.00 minimum fee would be applied.
- Enable flat fee - This option charges your customer a set amount for any past due invoice.
Sales Tax Rate
Toggling the Enable sales tax button will allow you to set a sales tax rate. This will be the default percentage that is added on an invoice for collecting and tracking sales tax. More details about sales tax can be found on the Sales Tax Report.
Note: for more information, see our articles on the Sales Tax Report and Creating a new invoice!
If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to give our team a call at 866.617.3122 or send us an email at email@example.com!